Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skilling a DM for PvP *CM Based*, and PvP tactics

2 posters

Go down

Skilling a DM for PvP *CM Based*, and PvP tactics Empty Skilling a DM for PvP *CM Based*, and PvP tactics

Post by FallenEve Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:51 am

PvP, for people who love to challenge their skills to the maximum, PvP is the way to go! Against mobs its quite simple and routine, however against another player you never know what could happen!! CMs are known for basically haveing the most powerful skills, which is completely true but don't let that get to your head! With power comes weakness in other places, DMs have the defence of a lvl 1 poultry so keep that in mind and make sure.. Keep your distance, use your stuns and use your nightmares.. I will have a more in depth Player Vs Player guide on Chaos Magicians on another topic, but for now it'll stay DM based. Now to the skills I will separate them by job lvls and will explain why they have significance.

As a Dark Magician:

Fire Arrow and Lightning Bolt: Very important skill to get as a Dark Magician for lower lvls, FA/LB are reknowned spams, most say at max lvl are better then Energy Beat *Deva spam skill* cause 1) They are faster 2 .8 second skills in comparison with 1 .5 skill. and 2) they are just as powerful but if stacked with
Spirit of Fire or Heed of Conjure. I reccomend lvling this up as high as you can before PvPing as a DM or CM
Life Leech: Good skill as a DM, although many many will disagree with me, it was given the an upper hand in a battle. But as a CM never used in a Dual unless used to mess around with the other player, so this is really up to you to get.. take note: only heals a couple hundred which could equal 2 spamm skills from another DM
Darkness Arrow: I am mentioning this only for you NOT to get, its good for grinding at lower lvls, but unless you plan on staying in r2-3 forever I say not to get lvled up *keep lvl 1 just to have*
Nightmare: By far one of the most important skills in PvP you will ever have, CMs use it, WLs use it, and DMs use it. It its best for charging up stuns and Nukes. Lvl this to max and the second you can get a +1 or +2 card.
Windy Shackle: Great for DMs not important for CMs, however I do use it every now and then. Only on Archers. Get it if you plan on fighting archers, however if you don't don't worry too much about it.
Lightning and Splash Thunder: Stuns FTW, if you plan on going for the MS/DS tactic all the time you will STILL need this spell, cause guarenteed you can't kill someone with those two skills.. The second you can max this skill and combine nightmare, splash thunder, and lightning and then spam and you'll get some heafty damage done xD
Skill Cooldown/Speedy Spell: Both extremely important for obvious reasons, faster cast time and less cooldown, most important passive mages have!
Magical Attack/Magical Defence Passives: Not extremely important, but important all the same. Make sure to at LEAST get lvl 1 on both because it adds the biggest on the first lvl, but besides that worry more about your skills then the passives.
Deep Evasion: Deep evasion isn't completely nessassary, but at the same time it could save your life. its a nice skill to at least have, even at a low lvl.

OKAY! Now to the DM guide in general. Dark Magicians are underpowered at lower levels, so without practice you are likely to lose more then half of your fights mainly because of lack of fears, enough wisdom for Nightmare and stuns to land ect.. But WITH practice and if you follow my guide close enough xD you'll make it just fine =)

DM PvP stone build recommendation:

There are two builds on both DM and CM: The Safe build, and the All out build. I will not tell you which one is better, because it depends on your playing style, but I will ofcourse describe both for you =)

Safe build: 1/2 Vit 1/4 Wis 1/4 Int, this is the type of build that you would use if you are just starting out and don't have the stuns, sleeps ect all memorized. Basically if you plan on getting hit.. use this build.. The vit will keep you alive with additional HP and Defence, the int is for extra firepower, and Wis is ALWAYS nessassary for landing your skills.
All out Build: 1/2 int 1/2 Wis, I ONLY reccomend this to the professionals. If you have your stuns, sleeps, evasion skill, and attack speed decrease skills all memorized this could be something you may want. I personally love this build for CM, not however for DM, because of lacking nukes and the additional stun.

How to Dual using a DM:

Depends soley who you are fighting, but I will try and cover everyone I have personal experience with in my DM days. All of these classes, btw, are pre class change.. I just use the term that fits their weapon and fighting style.

Archer: My personal favorite to dual, was hard at first but I got it mastered by fighting DA over and over and over. Best thing to do is take advantage of Windy Shackle, so typically I'd use that first *because its basically instacast* and then immediately cast Deep Evasion to dodge any upcomming stuns or skills, then immediately use nightmare *if you are a DM typically best choice is to use nightmare asap, however with rangers, they can attack first and faster* I know its completely against what you are used to as a mage, but don't let him get to far, he has far more range then you, but at the same time.. Don't let him get too close because if he is good he will wip out an axe and stun you and spam skills then switch to bow and stun you and kill you. So after they are put to sleep you have two choices, Stun Stun spam.. Or Darkness arrow.. After you do this just spam spam till nightmare CD is up and nightmare and do the choice that you didn't have xD if you do it just right you will win.. There are very few GOOD r2/3 archer builds out there, so this is the one time to dominate them till they become powerful xD

Evoker: Good thing evokers too are basically simple as an r2/3 and as at high lvls you just gotta know basic things that they will do.. Since I'm doing a DM guide I wont mention the higher lvl stuff they'll use.. But basically overall Evokers have nice magical defence *compliments of being a summoner class*, so the only way you can really win is to not let them touch you.. so kite, keep nightmare up combined with stuns spams and the few nukes you have. If you want to be experimental you can place the AOE attack speed debuff combined with windy shackle *will make them attack once a minute basically xD* and then just spam them till windy shackle runes out.. But that is ofcourse for the bold and experienced xD but fighting evokers is simple.. but difficult all the same.. they are mele which means they pwn your defence.

Shadow Hunter: Shadow Hunters are basically very easy for mages to beat in the first place, although they attack fast, windy shackle will stop that.. they have no stuns or anything to prevent you from nuking outside of Nightmare, but to be safe use nightmare stun spam spam tactic.. Now this is important.. NEVER let a Shadow Hunter get near you.. For those that don't know Head Breaker will tear apart most classes who don't have major defence.. so if you see a shadow hunter run up to you with a sword nightmare asap or run till nightmare comes up.. If the Shadow Hunter is good they will know that they are faster then you, so if your CD just started its best to definately just run and hope for dear life that they give up chasing you.. *little fact btw shadow hunter in later lvls are the fastest class in the game, they can out run a ortho/quillin/lydian, another fact.. most don't know it or use it to their advantage* but THANK GOD they are squishy.. just make sure to keep your distance and spam/nightmare/nuke/stun and you'll be fine..

Assassin: Very basic before class change, they lack their only good skill in pvp.. Invis, without invis their low hp and magical defence will crumble to your might! just make sure you are far enough away from them.. and they too can HB *although most don't know that they should or own an xbow* so be careful on that.. just kite and nightmare/stun spam spam..

Knight: GOOD LUCK, its more then possible.. But while fighting a good knight.. You'll realize how little defence you have.. if they grab you ONCE you will fall to their might of stuns debuffs spam and heafty damage.. Just nightmare stun spam spam nightmare nuke, take in mind that windy shackle is worthless in this fight.. They only use skills.. Also! If you have yet to fight one.. You'll realize real quick that they have a long range stun.. They slide over to you *if close enough* and stun.. followed by a couple debuffs and another stun... followed by death.. so keep a far distance and kite them and hope they forgot to put on their HP buff.. *Don't worry though xD CM's will end up pwning Knights, you'll get your revenge*

Chaos Magician/Warlock: LMAO, put this more as a joke then anything =P but now thinking about it, you will need to know how to fight your own class... Assuming you're fighting another DM like yourself, most don't know how to skill right or know their class at all *but you do cause you've read my guides xD* First things first.. if you're built with enough Wisdom you win.. If you land the first nightmare, chances are for you... So in the beggining tap nightmare over and over till the dual starts.. then stun stun spam spam.. then spam spam spam =P then nightmare nuke... then spam spam spam then nightmare stun spam spam.. well you get the point =P with fighting another CM its more or less who gets the more hits off and who was skilled better..

Battle Summoner: Well summoner classes are very very difficult to fight as a low lvl because 1) no aoe FEAR so you have the might of 2 strong people comming RIGHT for you.. and 2) people who go pet class typically *not always* have a very nice pretty pet.. So before the pet analyze who you are going against *You should have already been doing that for everyone!!* and see if the pet is around your lvl or high lvl.. If its high lvl... well small chance.. only way you can get it is to go for the BS and hope to god you win.. however if its pet is your lvl range you have a very very huge chance... Nightmare their pet and stun them *if possible, they will more then likely just freak out and wonder why their pet isn't moving and think you're a hacker or something.. lol nubs* and then immediately spam them the most that you can.. but keep an eye on the CD on your Nightmare cause when it ends get the pet again.. This is a nice battle to use your Life Leech to gain the upperhand.. and go ALL out.. more then anything the DMs skills will be significantly higher.. because pet classes *minus evoker* rely on their pets.. So good luck on this.. hard fight

Soul Breeder: not TOO sure because I don't know what skills they have at low lvls.. but soul breeders are like squishier Battle Summoners *if that was possible* they DO have amazing heals for their pets so focusing on their pet should be last priority unless nightmare fails and the other pet is a BP.. But go towards the BS tactic.. usually soul breeders at low lvls are.. easy smeezy xD

Soldier: Never faught one.. ever lol, so idk really.. Guess I need to get my experience on that.. but from what I've noticed Soldiers are laame.. just don't let them get near you.. I don't even think they have a long range stun.. but don't take my word for it xD Oh and another thing.. they are hunter class so.. they are slightly faster then you.. so keep your reaction time up.. and good luck on Cooldowns

Druid/Battle Kahuna: ZOMG fun fights if they know what they are doing.. They are mele based however they have long range stuns, and small magical attacks *more debuffs then attacks* ALSO another fact, they have crazy movement speed.. Great attack.. and great defence.. All thanks to their buff *Thank you God of Rappelz for giving us Dark Magician based classes a worthless buff xD*.. so basically kiting is difficult.. But treat them like a healer.. Scare them.. Spam with max spams.. and nightmare nukes.. keep their HP down so they keep having to restore and focus on their HP more then you.. then just hit them hard enough and a great take down.. They are hard to fight, can't really give too much advice there.. you'll learn your tactic when it comes to them..

Bishop/Priest: Bishops and Priests are only hard if you don't go with this tactic.. SPAM SPAM SPAM.. with the occassional nightmare stun spam spam.. The whole idea of fighting healers is to create their natural HEAL ability.. if they see low life ANYTIME, they will naturally heal.. its just in their nature.. so as long as if you are spamming enough you can take them down to DEAD.. Honestly this will work even as a high lvl.. but later on they get smarter, soo careful with this xD

Champion: EASY if they use only axes.. hard if they use a bow as well.. really no way to tell.. but if you see a bow get wipped out its GAME ON.. They will stun and spam you for a lil bit but you should be able to survive.. Just make sure before the fight JUST in case cast Deep Evasion.. Then immediately cast nightmare and hope he doesn't pull out a bow fast enough.. then usual tactic.. however just whenever possible don't let him get near you... he is like a soldier and evoker on some serious steriods when they get to you because of their stuns and attacks..

Remember: if you know you're gonna get hit in a fight equip vit rings.. if you are fighting a mage equip wis rings.. If you don't think you'd get hit and just want to end it quick.. Int rings

Make me proud.. Mastering the basics of a class, lets you be the master of your class.. Most CMs are MS/DS noobs and without it would fail.. But don't be that.. DON'T BE A NOOB! =)

Thanks for listening, any insite comments or questions please pm me on game or post on this! xD
FallenEve
FallenEve

http://Myspace.com/notblackwhatsoever

Back to top Go down

Skilling a DM for PvP *CM Based*, and PvP tactics Empty Re: Skilling a DM for PvP *CM Based*, and PvP tactics

Post by kittymaggiee Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:42 am

just for ur info eve... Soldier are scary against a CM....

they have 1 long range stun that does not require a shield. and if needed, switch to a shield and they ahve the same shield charge stun that any hw class has.

soldier has higher pattack and even higher short-time spike damage than a knight, like 1.4-1.6 times higher normally.
oh and...they have a skill call might crash or soemthing like that. its a catch-up skill...this + their higher movement speed... unless u fear/stun a soldier, u can never run away from one.

lastly...becareful, soldier, due to their faster movement speed (hunter armor+light speed), AND the fact that they have 3 range spell AND...if they equip a long bow (a really cheap tactic for a soldier...but it works). they have this skill call "restrain".
The skill has a 20 sec cooldown, a 400 base damage + 1.5times the pattack (which...at ur level, is easy to get above 1.5k pattack....might reach close to 2k with a good long bow). AND the skill applies a 50% movement speed decrease for 7.5 sec, instand cast, use the range of a long bow (longer than any CM skill).....
-->this means.... in a PK situation, where no boundary limit is apply.....a soldier can kill a CM (since u have almost no self heal...and each of his hit can take 2k+ hp...) without ever getting hit. in a relatively short time.

I dunno how to beat this tactic... u r the CM, just want u to kno there is such tactic exist XD beware...

kittymaggiee

Back to top Go down

Skilling a DM for PvP *CM Based*, and PvP tactics Empty Re: Skilling a DM for PvP *CM Based*, and PvP tactics

Post by FallenEve Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:05 pm

Oh well sorry if I offended you xD and Thank you very much for that info I'll add it in... like I said little if not no experience fighting a soldier so, I just made assumptions *because they are terrible in DP's imo in comparison, they wouldn't be as good in pvp but I'm guessing I'm wrong*

But if its a Soldier preclass change all they have is a couple stuns *if they use a mace* and breakers oh and restrain.. which is pretty gnarly, but guarenteed a CM high lvl could just MS/DS stun stun tac tac tactic and be easy, but I'd like to learn how to do it without that because I hate doing the cheater/noob tactic =P But using MS/DS I kill knights my lvl sometimes with the fear spell on..

But basically if a person fights a soldier *pre class change* and doesn't have the stuns and sleeps down then they'd be pwnerized.. but if they do then they should win.. If a CM before or after class change lets the guy get unstunned/sleep/feared for more then 5 seconds then they aren't doing a good job in reality.. BUT the idea is lasting after sleep goes away.. I'll make an alt and fight a soldier one of these days and get back to you =P
FallenEve
FallenEve

http://Myspace.com/notblackwhatsoever

Back to top Go down

Post by kittymaggiee Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:49 am

>"< u didnt offen me, lol. i nvr play a soldier, just read that somewhere. soldier can be good in dp... just rarely. b/c ppl who play soldier tend to be the kinda person who realized they dont want to tank and jsut want to be a "DD"... i personaly only kno 2 good soldiers XD

and i dunno, u shoudl find a soldier to pvp, cuz my impression is that even the fear/MS/DS wont work in a real pvp, where no duel area limitation is apply...b/c a low bow has a higher range than any CM spells. and they run faster than u...and restrain slows u down, and if u get too close they has charge in skills and good stun lock. but of course, thats assuming the soldier is a near perfect pvper and no pet or other factors are involve XD

kittymaggiee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum